Free Firewall will notify you if applications want to access the Internet in the background, without your knowledge. It can prevent the attacker to get access to your computer by exploiting security vulnerabilities. This firewall also protects from remote access and control of your system and access to your personal information.
Protect yourself, your privacy and your personal data, by preventing the intruded malware from access to the Internet. Prevent viruses and worms spread on the network.
Furthermore, a Free firewall provides additional features to protect your privacy against attackers. Prevent tracking services on websites analyze your surfing habits. The firewall prevents calls to statistics and analysis services on Internet pages, which log the user behaviour in the background.
Free Firewall Functions:
- Regulate internet traffic. Individually regulate the access to the network and Internet per application. Allow access to the Internet only to those programs, you unconditionally trust.
- Access notification. If a non-regulated program wants to access the Internet, you will receive immediately a notification with which you can permit or block Internet access.
- Paranoid mode. In Paranoid mode, no software can access the Internet or network, without your prior consent. Only applications which you trust get Internet access.
- Credulous mode. In Credulous mode, all applications will have access to the Internet or network until you explicitly prohibit it.
The user interface is optimized for touch-sensitive devices. Thus you can operate the software on your desktop PC and laptop with the mouse. As well as with the fingers on tablets and Ultrabooks.
Stop the download of telemetry data of the respective software manufacturer and the Microsoft Server. The firewall blocks all background transmissions of telemetry data of the Windows operating system on the server on the Internet.
Anti-virus software only protects against known threats. New viruses are only taken after weeks into the anti-virus database. In the meantime, a virus can wreak havoc. With Free Firewall you determine which program transfers data in the background and prevents them. So your personal information doesn’t fall into foreign hands.
Botnets consist of a lot of computers that are running malware in the background and can be remotely exploited for attacks. A free firewall notifies you about data transfer in the background, which you can quickly block.
Changes in Free Firewall 2.6.1:
New features and improvements
- Splash-Screen beim Start der Software durch den Benutzer.
- New function: Zurücksetzen aller Benutzerdefinierten Regeln.
Changes and fixes
- Überlauf in der Firewall Kommunikation führte zu vielen UAC Warnmeldungen.
- Cleanup-Routine hat einige System-Regeln gelöscht, wodurch viele Alarme angezeigt wurden.
Homepage – https://www.evorim.com/en/free-firewall
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.