You can save your backups directly to external USB and FireWire drives, to internal or network drives, and even directly to CD or DVD.
The package includes an easy-to-use MakeDisk wizard for creating a recovery boot disk. To restore your data and operating systems back to the way they were when the backup was created. Simply boot the recovery disk and restore the partition or drive you need to recover.
TeraByte Image for Windows utilizes the technology provided by Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) or PHYLock. The latter is an add-on component included in the Image for Windows package.
VSS and PHYLock allow you to continue using your PC while the backup is locked to a point in time. This eliminates the inconsistencies typically experienced while backing up a partition that is in use.
TeraByte Image for Windows runs under the Windows operating system, yet it can back up or restore any partition. Including those of DOS or Linux, and even partitions encrypted by third-party software.
- Total Reliability. Provides the option to verify each and every byte it backs up.
- Convenience. Runs directly from Windows and when used with the free PHYLock add-on, it can create a true image of the Windows partition itself, without requiring a reboot.
- Security. Your backups can be secured using simple password protection, or full 256-bit AES encryption.
- Backup Changed Data. Change only backup option allows you to backup only data that has changed since the last backup was created.
- Simple, Wizard-Driven interface. Easy to use the first time, and every time.
- Compression. Speed or size, several reliable compression options are available.
- Maximum Speed. Fast, yet reliable techniques are used to create the backups quickly.
- Optical Drive Support. You can save directly to a CD, DVD, DVD-DL, or BD.
- Bootable Rescue Discs. Whenever you save directly to a CD, DVD, DVD-DL, or BD, it will automatically become a bootable restore disc.
- Large drive support – GPT compatible supporting drives larger than 2TiB.
- Restore Individual Files or Folders. Using the free TBIView and TBIMount add-ons, you can view the contents of the drive image files, and optionally restore individual files or folders within them.
- Compatibility. Automatically recognizes and backs up the used area of FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, HFS+, Ext2, Ext3, Ext4, ReiserFS, and XFS partitions. It also recognizes and backs up used areas of ReFS and exFAT partitions using Windows support. Supports all standard partitions in an MBR, EMBR, or GPT.
- Windows Servers. Supports both Workstation and Server versions of Windows.
- Multicasting. Supports multicasting to reduce network traffic when deploying multiple Workstations.
- Cost-Effectiveness. Includes Image for DOS, Image for Linux, and TBOSDT at no additional charge, making it a uniquely affordable and complete disk imaging solution.
- Wide-Ranging Device Support. Compatible with NVMe, SAS, SCSI, PATA, SATA, USB, IEEE 1394, and more.
- Power. Using Image for DOS or Image for Linux (each of which is included with the purchase of Image for Windows) versions gives you the ability to recover your data, even if Windows won’t start.
- Network Support. Save backups to any drive accessible to Windows itself.
- RAID Support. Works seamlessly with on-board hardware- and firmware-based RAID.
- Command Line Support. Powerful, complete command line support is built-in, allowing you to automate backup or restore procedures.
- Scheduling. Leverages the built-in Windows scheduler via the simple click of a Schedule Backup button.
- Image File Validation. Allows you to thoroughly check the integrity of the disk image files, either as part of the backup process or at any time thereafter.
- Restored Partition Expansion. When restoring an image, you can expand the restored partition to occupy any free space that would be left over.
- Selectable Image File Sizes. You can specify and create a maximum size for the disk image files. This allows you to create image files that readily fit on the removable media of your choice.
- Hardware Independent Restore. Restore Windows to completely different hardware and then use the TeraByte OSD Tool Suite to install the drivers required to support the new hardware.
- Physical to Virtual. Scripts are included to automatically convert your physical machine to a virtual machine, either directly or from a backup image.
- Virtual to Physical. Convert your virtual machine to a physical machine using the included scripts.
- Update TBWinPE Builder to support Windows 11 22H2 ADK.
- Update for Win10 change of how it handles/reports certain errors on write.
- Fix regression related to higher logging levels.
- Fix potential multicasting sync issue.
- Other potential changes, updates and enhancements.