Features include a wizard interface and the creation of a single EXE for easy online distribution. It supports disk spanning, full uninstall capabilities, customizable setup types, and integrated file compression. Also includes support for installing shared files and OCX’s, and the creation of Start Menu icons, INI entries, and registry entries.
This program places no arbitrary limits on how many files, shortcuts, registry entries, etc. you may include in an installation. However, keep in mind that Inno Setup does need memory for each entry in a script. For example, roughly 120 bytes of memory is needed for each [Files] entry.
- Extensive support for installation of 64-bit applications on the 64-bit editions of Windows. The x64, ARM64, and Itanium architectures are all supported.
- Extensive support for both administrative and nonadministrative installations.
- Supports the creation of a single EXE to install your program for easy online distribution. Also supports Disk spanning.
- Standard Windows wizard interface.
- Customizable setup types, e.g. Full, Minimal, Custom.
- Complete uninstall capabilities.
- Installation of files: Includes integrated support for “deflate”, bzip2, and 7-Zip LZMA/LZMA2 file compression. The installer can compare file version info, replace in-use files, use shared file counting, register DLL/OCX’s and type libraries, and install fonts.
- Creation of shortcuts anywhere, including in the Start Menu and on the desktop.
- Creation of registry and. INI entries.
- Support for multilingual installs, including right-to-left language support.
- Running other programs before, during, or after installation.
- Support for passworded and encrypted installs.
- Support for digitally signed installs and uninstalls, including dual signing (SHA1 & SHA256).
- Silent installs and uninstall.
- Unicode installs.
- Integrated preprocessor option for advanced compile-time customization.
- Integrated Pascal scripting engine option for advanced run-time install and uninstall customization.
- Full source code is available from GitHub.
- Tiny footprint: only about 1.3 MB overhead with all features included.
- All features are fully documented.
- Used by Microsoft Visual Studio Code and Embarcardero Delphi.
The Inno Setup QuickStart Pack includes Inno Setup itself and additionally includes options to install third-party add-ons such as the ISTool script editor and Inno Setup Preprocessor. These add-ons are not official and are not required for general usage, but make Inno Setup easier to use.
Size: 4.49 MB