Microsoft OneNote gathers such items as notes (both handwritten and drawings), screen clippings and audio commentaries. That can be shared with other OneNote users over the Internet or a network.
OneNote is available as a part of Microsoft Office and Windows 10, 11. It is also available as a free standalone application for Windows, macOS, Windows RT, Windows Phone, iOS and Android.
A web-based version is provided as part of Microsoft OneDrive or Microsoft Office Online and enables users to edit notes via a web browser.
Microsoft OneNote can be used anywhere on computers, tablets, and phones. It enables you to share notebooks with others – friends, family, and colleagues. It is useful when you want to capture your thoughts, brainstorm, do to-do’s, etc.
You can organize notes any way you want. You can even jump between notebooks due to the easy-to-use navigation bar. The enhanced search tool enables you to immediately find the desired section. Also, it allows for prioritising notes and recording recent files to help you find the necessary information.
- Publish notebooks publicly on Docs.com which lets you make notebooks accessible for others to copy and use with just a single tap. Whether it’s a notebook that details must-see sights and local hangouts, a lesson plan fellow teachers are clamouring to use in their classrooms or those Chem 101 notes your fellow freshmen are begging for. You can share your notebooks on Docs.com.
- Me-me-me-me (at work, works!). To save an email alongside all your other notes, just forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org. And you will get things sorted out for yourself. Think of it as your personal email filing entity.
- Crop shop. Crop the top (or any other part) of an image in OneNote Online with the new Crop tool. It’s teacher-approved!
- Forget-me-now. When you are done after the semester, you can remove the notebooks you’re finished with from the list of notebooks displayed in OneNote Online.
- Firefox and Safari users rejoice – clip with abandon. You now have the OneNote Clipper extension in all of its glory (and functionality) including Region mode clipping on Firefox and Safari browsers. Of course, we still have it for Chrome as well.
- Office Lens built-in. Never lose a whiteboarding session or homework assignment again. Now you can scan documents right into OneNote with a single tap with our fresh-off-the-software-presses Office Lens integration in OneNote for Windows 10 and Windows 11.
- Reducing unwanted fragmenting of conditional formatting rules: We are reducing fragmenting of conditional formatting rules across a contiguous cell range when pasting copied cells into that cell range.
- Power BI Dataset Request Access Improvements: This update will present users with a way to request access to Power BI datasets when attempting to refresh PivotTables in Excel that are connected to a dataset they do not currently have access to.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Outlook Event-Based Add-Ins from functioning properly.
- This change helps users find the correct settings for managing the default online meeting options for third-party meeting providers.
- Fixed an issue that caused Outlook to close unexpectedly during launch when connected to a OneDrive for the Business endpoint with no service URL.
- Fixed an issue that caused EU users to see the information missing from personal cards.
- Fixed an issue that caused users to experience a close unexpectedly when trying to respond to certain contacts.
- Fixed an issue that caused users to experience a close unexpectedly when deleting a folder.
- Fixed an issue where the font dropdown would not accurately reflect what font was selected in a shape.
- Fixed an issue to allow a gradient stop to be added when clicking along with the slider.
- Fixed an issue related to multi-threading for Direct2D and Direct3D interoperability.
Homepage – https://www.onenote.com
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- macOS 10.10 or later
- Android 5.0 or later
- iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
DOWNLOAD OneNote for Windows 32-bit
DOWNLOAD OneNote for Mac
DOWNLOAD OneNote for Android
DOWNLOAD OneNote for iOS
DOWNLOAD OneNote for Windows Phone