R-Drive Image utility provides disk image file creation for backup or duplication purposes. It is one of the best backup and disaster recovery solutions to prevent losing your data after a fatal system failure. Using R-Drive Image, you can completely and rapidly restore your system after heavy data loss caused by an operating system crash, virus attack, or hardware failure.
A disk image file contains the exact, byte-by-byte copy of a hard drive, partition, or logical disk. And you can create with various compression levels on the fly without stopping Windows OS and therefore without interrupting your business.
These drive image files you can then store in a variety of places, including various removable media such as CD-R(W)/ DVD, Iomega Zip or Jazz disks, etc.
R-Drive Image restores the images on the original disks, on any other partitions, or even on a hard drive’s free space on the fly.
You can also use R-Drive Image for mass system deployment when you need to set up many identical computers. In other words, you can manually set up one system only, and create an image of the system. And then deploy it on all other computers, saving your time and costs. If you need to restore only certain files from a disk image, you can connect that image as a virtual disk and copy those files directly from the disk image using Windows Explorer or any other file utility.
- A simple wizard interface – no in-depth computer management skills are required.
- On-the-fly actions: Image files are created on-the-fly, no need to stop and restart Windows. All other disk writes are stored in a cache until the image is created.
- Removable media support. Image files you can store on removable media.
- Startup version. Use a startup version to image/restore/copy partitions locked by the OS.
- USB 2.0 and 3.0 support the startup version. It is an ideal (fast and reliable) solution for storing backup files for the system and other partitions in the startup version.
- Network support in the startup version. R-Drive Image startup version supports disk image file creation and restoration over the Microsoft network (CIFS protocol).
- Extended List of the supported devices in the startup version. The list of hardware supported by R-Drive Image startup versions has been extended. VIEW THE LIST
- An image file can be connected as a read-only virtual disk. Such disks can be browsed through and files/folders can be found and copied.
- Individual files and folders restoration. Individual files and folders rather than the entire disk can be restored either during the restoring action or from an image file connected as a virtual disk.
- Image files splitting. You can split drive images into several files to fit a storage medium.
- Image Protection. Protect the disk image files with a password and add comments.
- New partition creation. Restore data from a disk image on a free (unpartitioned) space in any place on a hard drive. Also, you can change the size of the restored partition.
- Partition replacement. You can restore data from a disk image on other existing partitions. R-Drive Image deletes such partitions and restores data on that free space.
- Disk to Disk copy. You can directly copy an entire disk on another one.
- Image files verification. You may check if your image files are good before you store them or restore data from them.
- Scheduler. You can schedule a time for disk image creation and run the process in unattended mode.
- Action Report. When a disk image is successfully created or the action fails the report can be automatically sent over e-mail or an external application can be launched.
- Support for the ReFS file system (Resilient File System), a new local file system Microsoft has introduced in its Windows 2012 Server. Supports all disk actions, except partition resizing.
- Full support for the GPT partitioning layout. R-Drive Image can create GPT disks, resize them, and change their partition layout during copy/restore operations.
- Support for Windows Storage Spaces (Windows 8/8.1 and 10), Linux Logical Volume Manager volumes, and MacRAIDs.
Homepage – https://www.drive-image.com
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022.