OpenOffice 4 has a user interface and feature set similar to other office suites. Sophisticated and flexible, it also works transparently with a variety of file formats, including those of Microsoft Office.
Available in over 45 supported languages, OpenOffice runs stably and natively on Solaris, Linux (including PPC Linux), Windows, Mac OS, and other platforms.
Written in C++ and with documented APIs licensed under the LGPL and SISSL Open Source licenses, OpenOffice allows any knowledgeable developer to benefit from the source.
And, because the file format for OpenOffice is XML, interoperability is easy, making future development and adoption more certain.
- A writer is a word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.
- Calc is a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyze, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics.
- Impress the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations.
- Draw lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
- Base lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within Apache OpenOffice.
- Math lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor.
and people working at all levels of government (local/federal/regional/national etc) find OpenOffice 4 is their ideal software solution. The combination of a flexible word processor, a powerful spreadsheet, dynamic graphics, database access and more meets all the everyday needs of a typical busy office worker. Already available in a wide range of languages, OpenOffice 4 can be freely translated by local teams.
of all levels (primary, secondary, college, university…) find OpenOffice 4 meets the needs of both teachers and students. The flexible word processor, powerful spreadsheet, dynamic graphics, database access and more meet all requirements for an office software package.
from corner shops to corporate giants are turning to OpenOffice 4 to power their businesses. The flexible word processor, powerful spreadsheet, dynamic graphics, database access and more meet all the requirements for an office software package. This Office Suite offers a high degree of compatibility with commercial office software, but with none of the costs or licence worries.
organizations of all sizes are turning to this office software that meets their needs and shares their values. It offers a high degree of compatibility with commercial office software, but with none of the costs or licence worries.
Build your business around Apache OpenOffice. If you’re in the IT business, OpenOffice can mean good business for you. The flexible word processor, powerful spreadsheet, dynamic graphics, database access and more meet all the requirements for an office software package.
proponents are turning to OpenOffice both as end-users and as contributors. OpenOffice is the office suite that is a choice of millions of users. It is released under the OSI-approved LGPL terms, with over 750 contributors and an international community approaching 400,000 individuals.
Homepage – http://www.openoffice.org
- Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 2012, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Free memory of 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
- At least 650 MB of available disk space for a default install via download. After installation and deletion of temporary installation files, Apache OpenOffice will use approximately 440 MB of disk space.
- 1024 x 768 pixel or higher resolution with at least 256 colours (16.7 million colours recommended)
- Linux kernel version 2.6 or higher, glibc2 version 2.5 or higher
- Free memory of 256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
- 400 MB available disk space
- X-Server with 1024 x 768 pixel or higher resolution with at least 256 colours (16.7 million colours recommended)
- OS X 10.7 (Lion) or higher
- Intel Processor
- Free memory of 512 MB RAM
- 400 MB available disk space
- 1024 x 768 pixel or higher resolution with 16.7 million colours
- The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.5.x, is the minimum version required to use the full functionality of Apache OpenOffice that needs Java (see Java and Apache OpenOffice). However, we strongly recommend the last version of Oracle Java 1.6.x, patch level 45, or the latest Oracle Java 7, or – for Linux users – OpenJDK 6, build 27, or OpenJDK 7.