Deluge is a lightweight, full-featured, free cross-platform BitTorrent client for Windows, Linux, OS X and Unix. It uses libtorrent in its backend and features multiple user interfaces including GTK+, web and console.
Deluge has been designed using the client-server model with a daemon process that handles all the BitTorrent activity. The Deluge daemon can run on headless machines with the user interfaces being able to connect remotely from any platform.
The application features a rich plugin collection. Actually, most of Deluge’s functionality is available in the form of plugins.
Deluge is lightweight and unobtrusive. The downloading shouldn’t be the primary task on your computer and therefore shouldn’t monopolize system resources.
The app is not designed for any one desktop environment and will work just fine in GNOME, KDE, XFCE and others. It is a free program and is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
- Core/UI split allowing this app to run as a daemon
- Connect remotely to the Deluge daemon
- BitTorrent Protocol Encryption
- Mainline DHT
- Local Peer Discovery (aka LSD)
- FAST protocol extension
- µTorrent Peer Exchange
- Private Torrents
- UPnP and NAT-PMP
- Web seed
- Global and per-torrent speed limits
- Configurable bandwidth scheduler
- Password protection
- RSS (via Plugin)
- Proxy support
- Web UI
- Console UI
- GTK+ UI
- Other libtorrent features
- And much more!
- Migrated to Python 3 with minimal support retained for Python 2.7.
- Shiny new logo.
- Multi-user support.
- Performance updates to handle thousands of torrents with faster loading times.
- A New Console UI which emulates GTK/Web UIs.
- GTK UI migrated to GTK3 with UI improvements and additions.
- Magnet pre-fetching to allow file selection when adding torrent.
- Fully support the libtorrent 1.2 release.
- Language switching support.
- Improved documentation hosted on ReadTheDocs.
- Drop Python 2 support for Python 3 only.
- Set libtorrent minimum required version to 1.2.
- Add support for SVG tracker icons.
- Fix tracker icon error handling.
- Fix cleaning-up tracker icon temp files.
- Fix Plugin manager to handle new metadata 2.1.
- Hide passwords in config logs.
- Fix cleaning-up temp files in add_torrent_url.
- Fix KeyError in session proxy after torrent delete.
- Remove libtorrent deprecated functions.
- Fix file_completed_alert handling.
- Add plugin keys to get_torrents_status.
- Add support for pygeoip dependency.
- Fix crash logging to Windows protected folder.
- Add is_interface and is_interface_name to validate network interfaces.
- Fix is_url and is_infohash error with None value.
- Fix load_libintl error.
- Add support for IPv6 in host lists.
- Add systemd user services.
- Fix refresh and expire the torrent status cache.
- Fix crash when logging errors initializing get a text.
- Fix ETA column sorting in the correct order (#3413).
- Fix defining foreground and background colours.
- Accept charset in content-type for JSON messages.
- Fix ‘Complete Seen’ and ‘Completed’ sorting.
- Fix encoding HTML entities for torrent attributes to prevent XSS.
- Fix download location textbox width.
- Fix obscured port number in Connection Manager.
- Increase connection manager default height.
- Fix bug with setting move completed in the Options tab.
- Fix adding daemon accounts.
- Add workaround for crash on Windows with ico or gif icons.
- Hide account password length in log.
- Added a torrent menu option for magnet copy.
- Fix unable to prefetch magnet in thin client mode.
- Use GtkSpinner when testing the open port.
- Update About Dialog year.
- Fix Edit Torrents dialogues close issues.
- Fix ETA being copied to neighbouring empty cells.
- Disable GTK CSD by default on Windows.
- Fix curses.init_pair raise ValueError on Py3.10.
- Swap the j and k keys’ behaviour to fit vim mode.
- Fix torrent details status error.
- Fix incorrect test for when a host is online.
- Add the torrent label to the info command.
- Fix handling torrent decode errors.
- Fix error dialogue not being shown on error.
- Add frequency unit to interval label.
- Fix UnicodeEncodeError upon non-ascii torrent name.