TechSmith SnagIt is an award-winning screen-capture software. It will help you capture great-looking images and videos with just a few clicks.
Using Snagit, you can select and capture anything on your screen. Then easily add text, arrows, or effects, and save the capture to a file. Or share it immediately by e-mail or IM. Easily customize any screenshot with effects, or show off what’s important with TechSmith Snagit’s markup tools.
Save your files to your computer, and send them directly to Google Drive, Microsoft Office, or any of TechSmith Snagit’s other sharing options.
- Scrolling Capture. Quickly capture everything on the page even if it’s not showing on the screen. Grab the horizontal, vertical, or entire scrolling area with just a click.
- Video Capture. Sometimes It’s easier to talk things through. Create, narrate and trim quick videos of your screen for demos, feedback, reviews, and more.
- TechSmith Fuse. Capture beyond your desktop. Get TechSmith Fuse for your Android or iOS phone to send photos and videos from your mobile device straight to the Snagit editor
- Video Trimming. Quickly get rid of any unwanted sections from your screen recordings. Remove ums, ahs, coughs, extra time from the beginning, middle, and end or any mistakes you want to correct.
- Step Tool. Quickly highlight a series of steps in TechSmith Snagit. Each click applies to the next number in the series. Your sizes and styles stay the same so you can easily keep a consistent look to your projects.
- Stamps. Personalize your images with graphics specifically designed for screen captures. Get them straight from Snagit, or download more here
- Special Effects. Add effects like border, shadow and perspective to your entire capture. Or, create your own custom style.
- Fast and Easy Sharing. You share content across many platforms every day. Snagit connects your images and videos with the accounts you already use for a fast and easy workflow.
- Google Drive Integration. Upload your images and videos into Google Drive to give your viewers access from any web browser or mobile device. You can also import files into Snagit instantly from Google Drive.
- Multi-platform Support. Snagit is one product on two platforms. The software key will unlock both – on Windows and on Mac, so no matter what system you’re using you’ll be able to get your work done.
- Multiple File Formats. Snagit lets you save your images and videos in a variety of file formats. The default file type is PNG, but you can save it to JPG, GIF, PDF, and more from within the Snagit editor.
- Library. Quickly find past captures without wasting time digging for them. All of your captures are automatically saved to your library, with the most recent captures viewable all the time.
- Profiles. Work faster by saving your capture settings as a profile. Set up profiles to automatically remember capture settings, add effects, or send to a specific destination after capture.
- Custom Deployment. If you’re an IT or system administrator you can customize and deploy Snagit to fit your needs. Configure the MSI, and REG settings, or take advantage of a COM server.
- Added ability to cancel Time Delay for Image and All-In-One Capture
- Changed when the file type is shown in the recent captures tray
- Updated video capture recording to have Picture-in-Picture webcam on by default
- Added limited support for allowing Snagit Editor’s Library to be used on network drives
- Added ability to recover video files if the computer crashes during recording
- Improved Editor startup time
- Improved Editor performance and file sizes by using smaller thumbnails in .snagx files
Updates for IT Administrators
- Snagit 2022 features a more stable video engine, improved audio and video syncing, and compatibility with a larger variety of webcams.
- Added deployment options for cloud library locations
- Added messaging around limited functionality when Snagit’s library is on a network drive
- Added ability for admins to disable webcam by default setting
- Added messaging around WebView2 requirements when deploying Snagit
- Fixed the inability to deploy themes if the previous major version of Snagit installed
- Fixed inability to deploy Snagit 2022 custom presets and themes
- Fixed an issue where Stamps were not included when installing Snagit with the MSI
- Fixed issues with Share to Evernote
- Fixed a crash when importing stamps
- Fixed a crash when using keyboard navigation with Editor’s video tooltips
- Fixed a crash when using a touchscreen or Wacom tablet to select tools in Editor
- Fixed an issue with video cuts not saving on network library locations
- Fixed an issue where users were signed out of Box Share Destination when exiting Snagit
- Fixed an issue with Knowmia not appearing in Share options
- Fixed a broken link to the TechSmith Support Website for some languages
- Fixed an issue where Batch Export was not working for a large number of files
- Fixed an issue where file edits were not retained in Editor when the file was overwritten
- Fixed issues where changing the Library location caused Snagit to freeze
- Fixed an issue where the Share Destination installer dialogue ‘Restart Now’ button did not work
- Fixed an issue where Snagit 2020 opened after a PC reboot instead of Snagit 2022
- Fixed an issue where Save As preferences were not respected in some situations
- Fixed an issue where callouts made from a theme created on Snagit Mac were not displaying correctly on Snagit Windows
- Fixed an issue where the wrong file creation date was showing in the recent capture tray
- Fixed an issue where unexpected symbols appear when using Windows extended characters
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements
Homepage – https://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.html
Windows System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 11, Windows 10, or Windows Server 2016
- Windows N requires the Media Foundation Pack
- .NET 4.7.2 or later
- WebView2 Runtime (included)
- 64-bit 2.4 GHz single-core processor (dual-core i5 required for video capture)
- 4 GB of RAM
- 1 GB of hard-disk space for program installation
macOS System Requirements
- macOS Monterey (12) or macOS Big Sur (11)