SMPlayer doesn’t need any external codecs. Just install this player and you’ll be able to play all formats without the hassle to find and install codec packs.
This universal player is a graphical user interface (GUI) for the award-winning MPlayer, which is capable of playing almost all known video and audio formats. It can play mpv, avi, mp4, mkv, mpeg, mov, divx, h.264, ogm, mpeg, vob, 3gp, asf, wmv, mp3, ogg…
One of the most interesting features – it remembers the settings of all files you play. So you start to watch a movie but you have to leave… don’t worry, when you open that movie again it will be resumed at the same point you left it, and with the same settings: audio track, subtitles, volume…
But apart from providing access to the most common and useful options of MPlayer, SMPlayer adds other interesting features like the possibility to play and search Youtube videos or download subtitles.
SMPlayer includes many advanced features like video and audio filters, change of the playback speed, adjustment of audio and subtitles delay, video equalizer… and many more.
- Configurable subtitles. You can choose font and size, and even colours for the subtitles.
- Audio track switching. You can choose the audio track you want to listen to. Works with avi and mkv. And of course with DVDs.
- Seeking by mouse wheel. You can use your mouse wheel to go forward or backwards in the video.
- A video equalizer, allows you to adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation and gamma of the video image.
- Multiple speed playback. You can play at 2X, 4X… and even in slow motion.
- Several filters are available. deinterlace, postprocessing, denoise… and even a karaoke filter (voice removal).
- Audio and subtitles delay adjustment. Allows you to sync audio and subtitles.
- Advanced options, such as selecting a demuxer or video and audio codecs.
- Playlist. Allows you to enqueue several files to be played one after each other. Autorepeat and shuffle are supported too.
- Preferences dialogue. You can easily configure every option of SMPlayer by using a nice preferences dialogue.
- Possibility to search automatically for subtitles in opensubtitles.org.
- More than 20 languages, including Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese…
- It’s multiplatform. Binaries are available for Windows and Linux.
- The player is under the GPL license.
- Better statistic info in the OSD (Shift + I).
- Bug fixes regarding MPRIS2.
- MPRIS2 is compiled (but disabled by default) on Windows and Mac OS.
- (Linux and Mac OS) The options to send video to another screen and choose the audio output device have been fixed.
- (Flatpak package) Add support for the AV1 codec.
- (Mac OS) Fix colours in HDR videos.
- (Mac OS) SMPlayer is now also compatible with Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave).
- Fix: the playlist is shuffled after adding files if the shuffle button is on.
- Other small fixes.
Homepage – https://www.smplayer.info
SMPlayer is available for Windows and Linux.
SMPlayer is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 22.7.0 for Windows 64-bit
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 22.7.0 Portable for Windows 32-bit
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 22.7.0 Portable for Windows 64-bit
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 22.7.0 for macOS
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 22.7.0 for Linux
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 22.7.0 AppImage
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 22.7.0 Flatpak
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 21.10.0 for Windows 32-bit
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 21.10.0 for Windows 64-bit
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 21.10.0 for macOS
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 21.10.0 for Linux
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 21.8.0 for Windows 32-bit
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 21.8.0 for Windows 64-bit
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 21.8.0 Portable 32-bit
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 21.8.0 Portable 64-bit
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 21.8.0 for macOS
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 21.8.0 for Linux
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 21.8.0 Source