Sweet Home 3D is a free interior design application that helps you place your furniture on a house 2D plan, with a 3D preview. This program is aimed at people who want to design their interiors quickly.
Whether they are moving or just want to redesign their existing home. Numerous visual guides help you draw the plan of your home and the layout of furniture. The user may draw the walls of his rooms upon the image of an existing plan, change the colour or the texture of the walls, draw dimensions, and drag and drop furniture in the plan from a catalogue organized by categories (living room, kitchen).
You can import additional 3D models created by yourself or downloaded from different Web sites, and change the size, the orientation and the elevation of each piece of furniture with the mouse.
Sweet Home 3D allows you to view the changes in the plan simultaneously in the 3D view, either from an aerial viewpoint or from a virtual visitor view point, print the home plan and the 3D view. Each change in the 2D plan is simultaneously updated in the 3D view, to show you a realistic rendering of your layout.
- Draw straight, round or sloping walls with precise dimensions using the mouse or the keyboard.
- Insert doors and windows in walls by dragging them into the plan. And let Sweet Home 3D compute their holes in walls.
- Add furniture to the plan from a searchable and extensible catalogue organized by categories such as kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom…
- Change colour, texture, size, thickness, location and orientation of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings.
- While designing the home in 2D, simultaneously view it in 3D from an aerial point of view. Or navigate into it from a virtual visitor's point of view.
- Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts, and arrows and show the North direction with a compass rose.
- Create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to customize lights. Control sunlight effect according to the time of day and geographic location.
- Import home blueprint to draw walls upon it, 3D models to complete default catalogue, and textures to customize surfaces.
- Print and export PDFs, bitmap or vector graphics images, videos and 3D files in standard file formats.
- Extend the features of Sweet Home 3D with plug-ins programmed in Java. Or by developing a derived version based on its Model View Controller architecture.
- Choose the language displayed in the user interface of Sweet Home 3D and its rich help from 25 languages.
- Added YafaRay rendering engine with the ability to choose the rendering engine in photo and video creation tools at the two best quality levels (not available for Java Web Start and applets).
lightSourceMaterialName#property to define materials of a 3D model used as light sources (with light colour deduced from material colour and the ability to create an invisible light source when its material is invisible).
- Allowed decimals in Light power spinner.
- Made the dialogue boxes of photo and video creation tools resizable.
- Displayed the virtual visit with a camera symbol at a fixed size when the virtual visitor gets too small in the plan.
- Added a button in the toolbar to enable/disable magnetism.
- Moved menu items handling levels in the Levels submenu to reduce Plan menu length.
- Added the ability to select materials with the mouse in the 3D preview in the Material modification dialogue box.
- Added diagonal editing in the room creation tooltip to draw rooms by triangulation.
- Added Inch/Fraction unit which displays lengths in inches followed by the closest eighth-inch fraction.
- Added Foot/Decimals unit which displays lengths in feet followed by decimals of a foot.
- Added Hide model edges option at the second step of Furniture import wizard to hide easily edges of 3D models in DAE / Collada format (option displayed only when useful).
- Handled more orientation and zoom capabilities on 3D models at the last step of Furniture import wizard to get better icons.
- Added new prefixes for shape names of a 3D model to specify the possible moves of shapes attached to other movable shapes.
- Computed the front limit of the 3D view frustum according to the point of view elevation to improve the rendering of very large scenes seen from a high point of view.
- Added sky image mirror at bottom of the background image to avoid the possible line at the horizon in renderings at best quality levels.
- Added Flat ceiling only check box to room modification pane to compute sloping ceilings when necessary.
com.eteks.sweethome3d.checkUpdatessystem property and
/checkUpdatesDisabledargument to Windows installer to prevent following updates.
- Increased the divider size of split panes under Windows.
- Fixed room floors and ceilings drawing order.
- Added the ability to display animated GIF icons in catalogue tool tips.
- Fixed nodes hierarchy in 3DS format management.
- The fixed default colour of effect in DAE format.
- Added support for
skinelements in DAE format to be able to import 3D models exported from MakeHuman software.
- Fixed too small fonts under Windows 11 with a HiDPI screen.
- Handled the user interface of 3D model transformations in Sweet Home 3D JS Online.
- Updated Italian translation including help by Vincenzo Reale.
- Other minor bug fixes and enhancements.